8pm at Amphora, 1a Devonshire Road, Cambridge, CB1 2BH.
The vast majority of Champagnes are Non-Vintage (NV), i.e. currently year wine and reserve wines from previous years, blended together to achieve a consistent house style. A few times each decade, the growing conditions are exceptional, producing fruit of such quality that a Vintage is declared. At this tasting, we sample the following wines. Please note that only 15 tickets are available, on a first come first served basis.
- Laurent-Perrier, Brut 2012 (£62)
- Palmer, Brut 2012 (£59)
- Louis Roederer, Brut 2014 (£70)
- Bollinger, La Grande Annee 2012 (£140)
- Jacquart, Cuvee Alpha Brut 2010 (£167)
- Pol Roger, Rosé Brut 2012 (£90)
All our tastings are accompanied by appropriately matched cheeses and other snacks. Please note that this is designed as an accompaniment to the wine, which is the main focus of the event.